Metal Fabrication Capabilities
Anchor Danly Fabrications has multiple dedicated metal fabrication facilities, all offering CNC machining, Blanchard grinding, metal stress relieving, and servicing capacity. Our multi-capable facilities back our assurance that your fabrication is machined, finished, assembled, and delivered to your requirements.
Anchor Danly Fabrications is committed to meet your fabrication needs by providing extensive metal fabrication capabilities including:
- Large inventory of steel plate and structural steel
- Robotic welding - automated welding cell
- Machine and Blanchard grinding
- CNC Machining
- Metal and weld stress relieving
- Thermal stress relieving, and vibratory stress relieving
- Metal forming
- CNC flame and plasma cutting
- Shot or sand blasting, priming, and painting
- Mechanical assembly
Please contact Anchor Danly Fabrications for more details about our steel fabrication services.
At Anchor Danly Fabrications, the following plate steels are stocked for fabrication and burn-out requirements:
- 1020 steel plate 10 gauge thru 15 inches thick in stock, Grades 44W, 50W, and A36
- 1045 steel plate ½ inch thru 5 inches thick in stock
- 4140 steel plate ½ inch thru 6 inches thick in stock (shape cutting available)
We also stock a large variety of structural steel shapes, angle iron, channel, steel tubing, I-beam, etc.
All steel plate is shot-blasted in a continuous feed blast unit to remove mill scale and rust which contributes to a cleaner weld surface and reduces the risk of isolated inclusions.
- Sub-Arc welding with welding shoe capabilities consisting of an overall size as small as 20 inches x 30 inches (500mm x 750mm) and as large as 96 inches x 180 inches (2400mm x 4600mm).
- Deep penetration and extremely high deposition rate & speed.
- MIG welding is also available.
- Canadian plants: CWB certified for carbon steel and stainless steel
- U.S. plants: AWS certified welders
- Controlled Goods Registration: Windsor and Tilbury plants
Anchor Danly Fabrications provides production robotic welding services. Our modern welding facilities include a robotic welding cell that has a 7 axis MIG welding robot, part positioner capacity of 14,550 lbs. (6600 kg), and part envelope of up to 11 ft. x 8 ft. x 5 ft. ( 3.3 m x 2.4 m x 1.5 m) *.
- Equipped to handle weights up to 14,550 lbs. (6600 kg)
- Two work stations can accommodate fabrications as large as 11 ft. long x 8 ft. wide x 5 ft. high (3.3 m x 2.4 m x 1.5 m) as standard
- Full 360° part rotation allows for coordinated motion while welding - ensuring consistent, high-quality welds
- Cycle time dramatically reduced for repetitive volume fabrications
- Larger weights & sizes can be accommodated *
- Provides efficient production of unique, customized parts
- Robust fixtures & positioner designed for heavy load, multi-pass work such as large size steel structures and products for the heavy equipment industry
- 3D simulation software allows for product positioning and welding simulations off line
* Please contact Anchor Danly Fabrications if your fabrication size exceeds current part envelope. The robotic weld cell can be expanded to meet larger part requirements.
- Hydraulic shear with ½ inch (12.7mm) x 12 ft. (3600mm) capacity
- Hydraulic press brake with 600 U.S. ton (545 metric ton) by 14 ft. (4300mm) capacity
CNC Flame Cutting
Seventeen CNC flame cutting machines are in operation throughout our plants with capacities up to 120 inches x 600 inches (3000 mm x 15000 mm). Capabilities for steel plate cutting are up to 16 inches (400 mm) on dual water tables with various machines for running multiple torches. Plasma cutting is up to a maximum of 1.25 inches (32 mm), which allows for smoother, intricate cuts.
- Single and multi-head flame cutting units with maximum table size of 150 inches x 270 inches (3800 mm and 6800 mm)
- Plasma cutting up to a maximum of 1 inch (25mm) thickness of steel (shape cutting)
Machine and Blanchard Grinding
Thirty-four Blanchard grinders are in operation throughout our plants to grind steel plate up to 120 inches (3000 mm) and the ability to grind 144 inches (3600 mm) corner to corner. We have Planer mill capacity of 120 inches x 360 inches x minimum 2 inches (3000 mm x 9000 mm x 50 mm) thickness.
- Blanchard grinding up to 144 inches (3600 mm) corner to corner with 60 inches vertical head clearance
- Planer mill to 120 inches x 360 inches with 2 inches minimum thickness
See more information about Anchor Danly's Blanchard Grinding Services under the Steel Plate Services section of our website.
Forty-four horizontal and vertical CNC boring mills in operation throughout our plants with maximum capacity of 138 inches x 320 inches (3500 mm x 8000 mm). CNC machining centers for high precision machining jobs - also provides job shops and OEMs with offload capacity for secondary operations and finish machining. Our machines are leveled and calibrated on a yearly basis.
- Horizontal and vertical CNC boring mills up to a maximum of 138 inches x 320 inches (3500 mm x 8000 mm)
- High precision machining jobs
Metal and Weld Stress Relieving
Various alternating gas furnaces with both thermal and vibratory stress relieving methods applied in-house.
- Both thermal and vibratory stress relieving methods are applied in-house
- Annealing ovens with approximate load dimensions of 8 ft. x10 ft. x 30 ft. in length (2400 mm x 3000 mm x 9000 mm)
- Aluminum and steel stress relieving
- Weld stress relieving
- All material is either shot-blasted in a continuous feed blast unit with 16 inches x 70 inches (400 mm x 1800 mm) entry gate or sand-blasted after flame cutting before assembly and welding
- Shot-blasting and sandblasting both remove all mill scale and rust and gives an ideal surface finish for paint adhesion
- Final painting is available in-house upon request in our 20 ft. x 40 ft. paint booth
Mechanical Assembly Services
Assembly of customer specified or customer provided parts including:
- Ball Screws
- Linear Bearings
- Roller Blocks
- Drive Belts
- Wiring & Control Requirements (Call for availability)
Please contact Anchor Danly Fabrications for a quotation on your next large custom metal fabrication.